Wednesday 3 April 2013

Importance Of Animals

Animals are a significant part of the Floyds Fork ecosystem.  All the animals are connected in one way or another, mainly through food chains.  An example of a food chain in Floyds Fork is as follows: 

There are small insects living in the streambanks of Floyds Fork.   The small fish in the creek eat these insects, and some species of large fish eat the smaller fish.  The fish are in turn caught by birds such as the great blue heron and eaten.  Food chains are a very vital aspect to this ecosystem.  The ecosystem is very stable on its own.   Independent of outsiders,  it is sustained in a natural balance.  Humans are outsiders who pose a danger to the ecosystem if they don't treat it properly.   Tiny differences in what we do in our back yards can effect the Floyds Fork ecosystem.  When we use insecticides on our lawns the chemicals are absorbed by the ground.   Water that flows in the ground pulls the chemicals out of the dirt and washes the chemicals into the stream.  These chemicals can be dangerous to the insects that live in the streambanks.  If the population of the insects decreases, there will be less food for the smaller fish.  That means the smaller fish die, and there will be less food for the larger fish, and in turn the birds like the blue heron.  And the food chain continues until it reaches us, humans.  We,  being human,  need to become conscious of these things that can endanger our environment.


• To help in propagation of plants .



• To obtain a balanced ecosystem .



• To facilitate the works of human being .
• To act as an main sources of foods for human being . 
• To upgrade the living standard of human being .



EXERCISE :
List out the importance of animals.





1 comment:


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete